In this article, which was published by Make: Magazine, I explain how to develop a new product that incorporates Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) technology, also called Bluetooth Smart. If you plan to sell a new electronic product that uses BLE then you definitely want to read this article.
Bluetooth Low-Energy is the most simple wireless functionality that you can implement in a new product. It also happens to probably be the lowest cost option for wireless functionality.
Definitely don’t let the name confuse you. BLE is a great choice for much more than just low-energy products requiring a super long battery life.
As long as your product doesn’t need to stream audio or video, or transfer huge amounts of data, then Bluetooth Low-Energy is probably your best choice regardless of your product’s power requirements.
If you read only one article about product development make it this one: Ultimate Guide – How to Develop a New Electronic Hardware Product in 2020.
Other content you may like:
- Bluetooth or WiFi – Which is Best for Your New Wireless Product?
- Comparison of Wireless Technologies (Bluetooth, WiFi, BLE, Zigbee, Z-Wave, 6LoWPAN, NFC, WiFi Direct, GSM, LTE, LoRa, NB-IoT, and LTE-M)
- Review of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Solutions
- Video Case Study: Manufacturing Cost for a BLE / GPS Tracking Device
- How Can I Determine the Complexity (and Cost) to Develop My Product?