Selection of the power source for your product is one of the most important early decisions that you can make when developing a new hardware product. You have three choices at your disposal: rechargeable batteries, replaceable/disposal batteries, or AC power.
Each option has its own set of advantages and disadvantages which I discuss in detail in this video.
Prefer reading? There is also a blog post on this same topic.If you read only one article about product development make it this one: Ultimate Guide – How to Develop a New Electronic Hardware Product in 2020.
Other content you may like:
- Video – Where Should I Develop and Manufacture My Product?
- Video Case Study: Manufacturing Cost for a BLE / GPS Tracking Device
- Video – Datasheet Review: Entry-Level STM32 Cortex-M0 Microcontroller
- How to Select the Best Power Source For Your Hardware Product
- Case Study: Preliminary Design for a BLE / GPS Tracking Device