In this episode I continue my conversation with Miguel Hernandez who is the creator of the Palocam as we discuss product simplification, marketing, and crowdfunding.
We discuss how Miguel has been able to drastically simplify his product design based on the feedback he’s gotten in the Hardware Academy. His design simplifications include reducing the number of custom injection molded plastic parts from 18 down to only a couple, and removing a complex, nice-to-have feature that wasn’t truly necessary.
These simplifications not only will save Miguel tens of thousands of dollars on injection molds, but it also allowed him to reduce his product assembly time by over 500%!
And, all of these simplifications significantly lowered his manufacturing cost without any negative impact on the product quality or functionality.
We also talk about marketing and crowdfunding in depth including the importance of estimating your costs so you can know how much money you need to raise.
Podcast MP3: Download
Miguel Hernandez, Creator of the PaloCamFinally, don't forget to download your free PDF: Ultimate Guide to Develop and Sell Your New Electronic Hardware Product. You will also receive my weekly newsletter where I share premium content not available on my blog.
Other content you may like:
- Episode 30 : How to Execute Quickly with Miguel Hernandez of Palocam
- Episode 32 : How to Build an Audience for Your Product with Craig Rettew
- Q&A: Reducing Manufacturing Costs, Increasing Sales, and Funding Options
- Episode #28 – Marketing Lessons Learned with Fraser Vaage, Founder of Snik
- Introduction to 3D Modeling Using Fusion 360